Many of us have children that have started back to school. If you’re like me then you want them to be blessed and be a blessing in their school experience.
1. Get to know their teacher(s). Pray for them often.
2. As often as possible, before school, pray with your children. Ask them what they have going on that day, what they are concerned about, etc. Pray for them right then. My kids have now started asking what is going on in my day and they pray for me as well!
3. Memorize Philippians 4:13 with them: I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
4. When my wife, Julie, packs our kids lunch she writes an encouraging note on the napkin she places inside the brown bag.
5. At dinner play “High-Low.” Everyone goes around the table and says what their “high” of the day was and what their “low” of the day was. We have learned a lot about what is going on in our children’s lives through this simple game. It helps us know how to pray for them.
Do you have other ideas that can help us bless our children?