With this week’s passing of the leadership baton from Wess Stafford (President of Compassion International) to Santiago “Jimmy” Mellado (congratulations Jim!), I have been reflecting on the myriad of life lessons I have learned from my mentor and friend–Wess.
Not included in my Top 5 list is the foundational principle that EVERY CHILD MATTERS. Children matter because they are close to the heart of God, they are the future, and they simply cannot fend for themselves. This truth has led my family to sponsor numerous children through Compassion, visit and care for children around the globe, become foster parents and ultimately to adopt our son. Hmmm, I guess Wess has had quite an impact on my life.
Top 5 Lessons I Have Learned From Wess Stafford
1. The opposite of poverty is not wealth, the opposite of poverty is enough.
2. Every child you interact with is a divine appointment.
3. The DNA (life values) of the leader can permeate an entire organization.
4. If you are giving a gift to someone then give them an experience . . . not more “stuff.”
5. The local church has the ability and responsibility to eradicate poverty from the face of the earth.
So much more . . .
And, I’m very excited that Wess Stafford will be our guest speaker at this year’s Stadia banquet being held at the Hard Rock Cafe during the Exponential Conference in Orlando, Florida! www.stadia.cc.