I recently spent a great deal of time praying and reflecting on what “success at 70” would look like for my life. In other words, I want to look into the future and work backwards to make sure I’m heading in the right direction. And, for each of my success indicators, I put an action plan in place to make sure I’m not just shooting in the dark.
Top 5 Indicators For “Success At 70”
1. Be an intimate friend of God.
2. Be best friends with my wife, Julie.
3. Have our children, Tabitha and Elijah, launched into the world fully equipped as Kingdom livers who are deeply in love with Jesus.
4. Enjoy good friends who I know, respect and love and who know, respect and love me.
5. A series of “Kingdom impact” goals (Northern Ohio is a great light for Jesus, 50 new churches planted in Ohio, 1 million dollars raised for children at risk through Climbing4kids, instrumental in seeing 100,000 children sponsored through Compassion International, etc.)